Saturday, April 11, 2009

Playing for Pride

Massone loomed a threat until mid-stretch and finished a decent third, but that didn't do me an iota of good. Switched out to Santa Anita for the next event, where Doriprize lost any chance by blowing the break.

With only three races left and a meager $5.40 in my bankroll, I'm essentially playing for pride the rest of the way. For the 10th race at Keeneland, I just switched to the #3 Why Tonto, who looks like he could be the controlling speed. At 6-1 (and quite possibly drifting lower), he won't save the day for me, but I figure at this point everyone who's far back in the contest is chasing bombers, so maybe I'm being contrarian by not being contrarian.

Or maybe I'm just punchy from sitting at my computer for too long!

1 comment:

  1. Geoffrey: "You fool! As if it matters how a man falls down.

    Richard: "When the fall is all that's left, it matters a great deal."

    ReplyDelete