Monday, July 20, 2009

189th

Last week was a tough one for me in Monmouth Park's 'Survival at the Shore" contest, as shit-ass $4.80 and $2.60 days on Thursday and Friday set the stage for an 0-fer on Saturday, when Mike's Kong, The Cognac Kid, and Our Girl Friday all failed to hit the board. So the good news is that I'm one of 319 remaining survivors. The bad news is that I'm making no progress in the standings, as 189th place and still ~$300 behind leader "ontherail" are not comfortable places to be with August drawing near.

But I'll keep plugging away. Losing the life preserver on Saturday means I'm "naked" this week, so I'm history if I have another day like Saturday. I need to be extra careful, avoid trying to be cute and hope to still be standing on Sunday night when the next (and final) life preserver is awarded.

No comments:

Post a Comment