Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Ky Derby: a look ahead

So I hear there's some horse race or something or other coming up a week from Saturday?

No but seriously, I have liked Eskendereya since last fall (ahead of the curve as usual), but I will bet against him on May 1. I expect him to be way overbet (I guesstimate he'll go off at 9-5 in a 20-horse field), so there will be plenty of value elsewhere. I doubt I'll be betting to win, but in multi-race exotics I'll consider using Awesome Act, Stately Victor, and Rule, among others.

I'll be out in Phoenix for work next Thu-Sun and I should be free Sat. afternoon so I am planning to go to Turf Paradise to catch some live racing ($3500 AZ-bred claimers, anyone?) and for Kentucky Derby betting. I've never been to AZ so I am quite looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment